Charming Charm Charms

In September, the talented, creative, and cool Chatham Helmers opened Charm, a hip and luscious store in downtown Birmingham, and I can’t get it out of my head. I bought some lovely scarves and necklaces there a couple weeks ago, and am plotting my return for more goodies as soon as I can scoot down there. (See more images below.)

With her usual flair for the offbeat, Chatham has pulled together vintage, handmade, and new accessories and gifts that should appeal to just about anyone who has any sense. Gorgeous jewelry, hats, scarves, and eclectic small artworks fill the store and are enhanced by Chatham’s unique and, in my opinion, faultless design sense. (It’s my blog, and I’ll use all the hyperbolic compliments I want to.) She hand-makes much of the surrounding decorative elements, which are so good they make me want to bring a note pad and take down all her great ideas for later copy-cat use. And, not only are the store and its contents positively yummy, they are also inexpensive. For the price you might get a made-in-china necklace at Target, you can acquire something distinctive and attention-grabbing, hand-picked by someone with yeah-baby taste.

The best part of your visit to Charm? You get to meet Chatham, who, (I swear, you can ask anyone) is the funniest woman in town. She is straightforward, irreverent, kind, and generous—qualities that don’t go together on everyone. You’ll want to hang out long after you’ve spent all your money on goodies, chatting with Chat.

Become a Facebook fan of Charm.

Charm, 2329 2nd Avenue North Birmingham, AL, 35203 Phone: 205-322-9023 Mon - Sat: 10am - 6pm Sun: 11am - 4pm







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creek Village Painting

Featured Artist at the ALCC: Chris Gryder