Monday, September 26, 2011

Annabelle's First Big Art Sale


My daughter, Annabelle DeCamillis, age 16, just sold this painting 
for a very grown-up price.
It's her first large piece, a self-portrait. She plans on doing a series of 
portraits of everyday people in period costumes, doing everyday things in everyday places. 
Her work is inspired by her love for costume-making, and for sitting down
wherever she is and drawing the scene right in front of her. 

Today we are celebrating her first day at a new high school. My hat is off to my strong, brilliant, talented, funny, sassy, and sincere kid. She's made her mom proud, and inspired so many people around her. 




6 comments:

  1. I know, right? Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's such an amazing girl! She is a blessing to all who encounter her!

    Grats Annabelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Annabelle. What a talent, and I wish her well at her new school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She'll happy to read your nice notes. Her first day at Spain Park (yesterday) was wonderful. I haven't seen her so happy in a long time. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annabelle- your work is an inspiration to young artists everywhere. I am sure I speak for many that see this work that we look forward to your future pieces in galleries far and near!

    ReplyDelete